A short course in Nutrition - 3 Saturdays
Learn about the key elements of nutrition and how food affects your health, body and wellbeing.
This is an ideal course, for those wanting a more in-depth understanding of nutrition and healthy eating for either personal use or as a taster course before moving on to a Health Science qualification.
Dates - Next Course To be advised subject to Covid19 Restrictions
Times - 10.30 am - 3.30 pm over three Saturdays
Location - Wellpark College of Natural Therapies, Albany, Auckland
The course will be broken into the following sessions.
- Day 1 - What is holistic nutrition? & healthy habits.
- Looking at how food affects stress levels, hormones and sleep patterns.
- Covering water consumption and chemicals in foods, organics v non-organic.
- Day 2 - Micro & Macronutrients
- Understanding what roles vitamins & minerals play in our health & wellbeing.
- Learn why and in what amounts the body needs proteins, healthy fats, carbohydrates and sugar.
- Day 3 – The gut microbiome & common diets
- Discover why and how you can look after your gut health and digestion, understand the importance of probiotics and fibre in your diet.
- Take a look at the pros and cons of common diets.
This is an evidence-based approach, covering current thinking and research in Nutrition. Your tutor is Christabel Ritson, Christabel completed a three-year Bachelors degree in Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine, followed by a Diploma in Clinical Nutrition at Wellpark College of Natural Therapies and runs her own private practice in Grey Lynn, The Holistic Naturopath.
You will have access to online classroom notes through a provided login to Moodle.
The classes are on campus at Wellpark College, 14 Mills Lane, Albany.
Book in and discover how simple changes to your food choices can improve your overall health and well being.