Foundations of Nutrition Practice
This 16x week nutrition course is a basic introduction to nutrition from a historical and practical perspective. This is a chance to learn about the foundations of nutrition and as a taster for those considering further study.
As well as learning about Nutrition this is a journey of self-discovery, you will be encouraged to review your own nutrition and make appropriate lifestyle changes while documenting differences made to your wellbeing.
Introductory aspects of nutrition will be discussed with emphasis on the role of the digestive processes involving the macronutrients, proteins, fats, and carbohydrates and their subsequent utilisation by the body.
On successful completion you will be able to:
- Outline the contribution of nutrition to special circumstances in life.
- Provide rationale for one modern day food philosophy that has developed throughout history and can be recommended to clients today.
- Analyse the effect of selected dietary changes through weekly experiments.
- Demonstrate consultation skills relating to a number of:
- Bowel disorders.
- Disorders relating to proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
- Defining nutrients
- Digestive processes in gastrointestinal system