Why choose to study for a Qualification in Massage Therapy?
- Level 5, 120 Credits
- Full time for 1 years
- Part-time within 2 consecutive academic years
- Commences February 2021
- Blended delivery for students
- Pre-recorded and on-campus session
- All courses run subject to numbers
- Ask about Fees Free
Wellpark College offers NZQA accredited courses. This requires that the College participates in regular External Evaluation Reviews (EER). Copies of these reports can be found on the NZQA website www.nzqa.govt.nz. Wellpark College is on four year review cycle. The last review considered Wellpark College as Category 2 - confident in educational performance and confident in self-assessment.
Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation is a great foundation programme designed to equip you with knowledge and confidence. You will be joining an already successful sector of the health and wellness industry in New Zealand, in which 6675 – 11856 people are already employed and with Massage Therapy providing the second-largest employment pathway after Physiotherapy.
You might be:
- Starting on your career path and looking to enter the wellness and health industry
- An existing practising health professional wanting to expand your scope of practice
- Looking for a career change and more flexible working hours
- Pathway to a career in Therapeutic Massage
What career options are available to you?
Wellpark College graduates are in high demand with 9 out of 10 students now working within the health and wellness industry.A qualification in Massage can lead to many job opportunities and we would love to help you achieve your career goals.
Upon graduation, you may choose to:
- Join an existing health and wellness clinic
- Set up your own Massage practice and work your own hours
- Work in a Spa environment
- Work with active people in sports
- Work within the corporate sector and concentrate on stress reduction and productivity.
- Work on a cruise ship or for a hotel chain and travel the world.
- Provide mobile massage
- You may even choose to keep studying and work towards a higher qualification This qualification meets the requirements to continue with the New Zealand Diploma in Remedial Massage (Level 6)
This could be the right choice for you.
The Diploma is taught by experienced educators who are also practising Massage Therapists. You will learn through face-to-face interactions in the classroom complemented by online learning methods (Blended Delivery) and apply your learning in our purpose-built student clinic. We support you to graduate, feeling confident in your abilities, and to be competent to set up and run your own practice or find employment within the industry.
Wellpark College offers a tranquil learning environment, our campus is set in 19 acres of native bush and gardens, but we are still within walking distance of public transport hubs, the Westfield shopping mall in Albany and close to local shops and cafes.
The College offers new, modern classrooms, a holistic learning environment and the opportunity to network with students studying a range of natural health programmes from Naturopathy to Yoga teacher training. You will be studying alongside people who think and feel the same as you do about natural health and medicine.
Wellpark College is a Category 2 education provider with NZQA accredited qualifications
What this means for you:
- You can apply for a Study link Loan
- You may be eligible to apply for Fees Free
- You can trust us to deliver both practical and theoretical knowledge that will ensure you graduate job-ready
- Our qualification is recognized by Massage New Zealand
- We welcome International students