Lip Balm Recipe
Lavender, Geranium and German Chamomile Lip Balm – By Wellpark College Naturopathy Tutor Patrice Kelly.
If you came to the Wellpark College Open Day this year you will have seen Naturopathy Tutor Patrice Kelly making this soothing lip balm in her Herbal Manufacturing demo. Make it at home with this easy to follow lip balm recipe.
Enough dried lavender flowers to fill half a 250 mL jar
250 mL oil (almond or olive)
1 x capsule vitamin E oil
28g shea butter
5 drops German chamomile essential oil
5 drops geranium essential oil
- Half fill a sterilised jar with dried herbs
- Fill the jar to the top with chosen oil and place a sterilised lid on the jar
- Place jar into a homemade double boiler (place a tea-towel on the base of the bowl, so the jar doesn’t touch base)
- Gently heat oil to 35-45C for 1 hour, make sure the water doesn’t run dry
- Strain through a muslin cloth
- Empty and mix vitamin E capsule into oil
- Put oil back into the double boiler
- Add shea butter and beeswax and warm until beeswax melts
- Mix in the essential oils
- Pour into sterilised jars, label and store in a cool dry place
Enjoy your lip balm.