Graduate Naturopath Scope of Practice
- Prescription, administration, dispensing and use of nutritional products, herbal medicines, homoeopathic medicines, and supplements of mineral, botanical or animal origin.
- Body therapy modalities
- Lifestyle counselling
- The application of medical science, including understanding of pathology from both orthodox and complementary and alternative viewpoints, diagnostic assessment using both orthodox and complementary and alternative methods and research findings.
Graduate Naturopaths are not permitted to treat:
- Any notifiable disease (as defined by the New Zealand Ministry of Health).
- Malignancies or neoplasms (of any type), except when the patient/client is under conventional medical care and the treatment is confined to lifestyle and dietary issues
- Psychiatric conditions where psychosis is the diagnosed disorder