Diploma in Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy
- Level 5, 120 credits
- Full time for 1 year
- Part time 2 years
- Distance learning only
- Domestic students only
- All courses are run subject to numbers
Study Homeopathy online and enjoy a Wellpark College education without having to be on campus in Auckland.
Wellpark College is proud to be offering the national qualification ‘New Zealand Diploma in Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy.’ Our aim is to provide students with a comprehensive and stimulating professional homeopathic education that encourages critical thinking and enquiry.
Whether you are looking to start a new career path with the study of acute prescribing of homeopathy, to add homeopathy as a complementary modality to your existing practice, or to treat your family and friends with homeopathy, the New Zealand Diploma of Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy from Wellpark College provides a viable and innovative study option to help you achieve your goals.
The course is delivered via distance using the latest technology with interactive tutorials, videoed sessions and live virtual classrooms. This course is completed online and does not require on campus classroom attendance. You will be required to come onto campus for a day at the end of Term 1 and 2 to sit your exams.
Our experienced tutors deliver an approach and method to homeopathic practice that provides inspiration, clarity, simplicity, understanding, and encourages critique and enquiry.
Routine measurement of effects of treatment through the use of a clinical outcome measures are employed. Our faculty reflects our commitment to quality education in homeopathy.
Distance learning with Wellpark College has many advantages:
- Flexibility – it can work around your other commitments (supported by an online timetable – ask us for details).
- Convenience – access a quality Wellpark education from the comfort of your home
- Support – Students are closely monitored and provided with academic support and regular tutorials
The programme will include:
- An excellent foundational knowledge in classical Hahnemannian homeopathy.
- An innovative clinical training programme that is supervised and conducted through telecommunication.
- Progressive instruction in the art of case-taking, prescribing and practice management.
- Students will take their own live cases with one-on-one supervision by a professional homeopath. Wellpark is the only homeopathic training institution offering this kind of clinical training programme in New Zealand.
- Peer support through online student discussion forums.
On completion of the programme you will fulfils the requirements of the standards and competencies of NZQA and the homeopathic registration body in New Zealand for acute prescribing of homeopathic remedies.
You will learn:
- To provide sound information on the fundamental principles of homeopathy
- To think critically and read homeopathic research
- To outline the source and to prepare homeopathic remedies
- To provide materia medica and therapeutic information for common acute conditions
- To differentiate acute from chronic conditions including when to refer to health professionals
- To cover remedy selection and dosage for acute homeopathic prescribing
- To apply acute prescribing of homeopathic remedies to live cases
- To measure clinical outcomes of treatment
- To cover ethical responsibilities when selling OTC homeopathic remedies to the public
LEARN FROM THE BEST!
Lead Tutor – Darinka Sousa – Bachelors in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS), Master of Science (MS) in Counselling and Psychotherap, Master of Business Administration (Health and Hospital Management)
Please contact us to make a time to meet or Skype with our Enrolment Advisor to discuss if the Diploma is the right course for you. firstname.lastname@example.org