DEALING WITH CONCERNS & COMPLAINTS
Wellpark College wants only the best for all of its stakeholders (i.e. students, staff, profession, advisory groups) and will do its utmost to support achievement and satisfactory outcomes for all parties. The following systems are in place for expressing concerns:
- Anonymous Suggestion Box located at Reception;
- Contact Programme Leader and/or Faculty Support directly;
- Regular stakeholder surveys, i.e. Student Evaluation Forms and Initial Surveys;
- Assessment Appeal: If you are dissatisfied with the results of a Wellpark assessment process (e.g. fairness of test, marking, reporting of results), you can appeal your grade. Forms are located at Reception and on the Wellpark College website. Assessment Appeals must be made within 2 weeks of receiving marked work and the result, using the correct form and process. If there is still no resolution, the College will refer the matter to a qualified and external assessor for adjudication, whose decision will be final (unless the student chooses to appeal to NZQA);
- Informal concerns are best dealt with directly with the affected parties involved and as soon as possible. If this action does not seem appropriate, or you feel uncomfortable, or you require assistance, contact either Faculty Support or the Programme Leader if you are a student (Staff is to contact the Direct Manager). This appropriate contacted person will attempt to resolve the issue with you utilizing Wellpark policies and procedures, or will refer the issue on to the Education Advisor.
Generally, issues are best dealt with directly between the affected parties involved as soon as possible. The Formal Complaint Form is to be completed for concerns that were not able to be resolved directly through Faculty Support or the Programme Leader. Complete the form and either hand to Reception in a sealed envelope, or email directly to the Education Director (email@example.com). Formal Complaints will only be considered for up to six months after the occurrence.
- Notification that your complaint has been received will be emailed to you within 5 working days. Your complaint is reviewed by the Management Team. At this stage, you may be asked for further details, and investigations will be undertaken. In some instances communication and clarification with others may be necessary; if you specifically do not wish a person to be communicated with please state this on the Form.
- The College reserves the right to decide the final outcomes/solutions. If you are not happy with the outcome you may wish to take the matter further – see below.
- iStudent Complaints is a free and independent service to help resolve complaints. The service was established by the Ministry of Education and forms part of the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016. We’re here to assist with complaints that are financial or contractual in nature. iStudent Complaints is part of FairWay Resolution Limited, New Zealand’s largest specialist dispute resolution organization, so we have a team of experienced and accredited people who can help in a number of ways. If you have any questions or if you need some assistance to resolve a complaint involving an international student, please get in touch. We are always happy to arrange a meeting or a quick phone call with any education providers. Feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 00 66 75 to speak to our team;
- International students (for more information, please see Student Handbook - INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: INTERNAL GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES).