A Naturopath can assist you with the following health concerns
bloating / abdominal discomfort / bloating / abdominal discomfort / bloating / abdominal discomfort / bloating / abdominal discomfort
A holistic wellness plan & assessment includes
A consultation that discusses every aspect of your health; your present health concern/health history /sleep/environment / physical activity / nutritional intake/stress management/mind & mood health / physical examination includes taking your blood pressure, urinalysis & a random glucose finger prick test.
Naturopaths refer outside their scope of practice for medical assessment and diagnosis from other health practitioners as appropriate.
Diagnosed with a medical condition, and taking prescribed medications; All senior student naturopaths are educated to identify any safety concerns/contraindications / precautions with medications – supplements – herb and or food interactions.
Consultations with a senior student naturopath
All senior naturopath students are in their final year of study towards their qualification of Bachelor of Naturopathic & Herbal Medicine and clinicals are fully supervised by experienced Clinical Supervisors.
A full consultation with a senior Naturopath student involves at least three appointments.
Appointments are on Wednesday afternoon/evenings
- You will have a comprehensive, holistic health assessment.
- This takes 45 minutes. Please bring with you to the appointment all prescribed medications and any supplements you are taking and also bring with you any recent medical test results you may have. The information gathered by the student is considered very carefully and a plan is written that is specific for you. The plan is assessed by the clinic supervisor. This process takes two weeks.
- The second/third meeting times are made in consultation with your student Naturopath when you come for your first appointment.
- The student Naturopath presents to you the plan that has been written for you. You will discuss together the priorities and what you feel you can achieve. This takes approximately ½ hour – 45 minutes.
- Your student Naturopath will be very keen to know how you are progressing. At this meeting, you will discuss together with your progress and further steps to be taken. Health improvement is a dynamic process and advice and goals may change as you progress. You may wish at this stage to make further appointments. You are very welcome to do this. Each further appointment costs $10. From June until November appointments are on Wednesday afternoons/evenings. Senior naturopath students are required as part of their clinical experience, to see and work with persons who have a medically diagnosed, long term condition. There are eight appointments involved at this time as the goal is to assist you to return to the best possible health. All eight appointment times are free with agreement to the conditions stated in the client commitment form.
From October appointments are on Wednesday afternoons and some Thursday mornings
Senior naturopath students also see clients for a shorter period of time, involving 2 appointments. Total cost $30.
The first appointment includes a comprehensive holistic consultation and also the presentation of a wellness plan. The second appointment is where you and the student naturopath discuss your progress towards your health goals.
Free Appointments for patients with Medically Diagnosed Health Conditions
We Offer 8 Free Appointments to people suffering from a medically diagnosed long term, chronic condition such as IBS, Diabetes, Anxiety, Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Endometriosis. Please email the Clinic to discuss if you qualify for free appointments. email@example.com
Senior naturopath students are required as part of their clinical experience in gaining the qualification of Bachelor of Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine, to see and work with persons who have a medically diagnosed, long term condition. There are eight appointments involved at this time as the goal is to assist you to return to the best possible health.
All eight appointment times are free (no cost to you), with an agreement to the conditions stated in the client commitment agreement form. You will be prescribed a herbal formula and or supplements to take – these will incur a cost.
For initial consultations allow 2 hours, all follow-up appointments are 45 minutes.
If you are interested in this offer as stated above please inquire by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please give at least 24 hours notice of any cancellation to give other members of the public the chance to take your place
Wellpark College of Natural Therapies abides by the codes of the NZ Health & Disability Act and Privacy Act and 1981 Medicines Act for Natural Therapists. Written consent will be gained from you before your consultation and ongoing consent is sought for any questions and procedures.
All client records are in kept in accordance with the Privacy Act and http://www.hdc.org.nz/the-act